Beacon Hill Baptist Church began as a mission on Oct. 7, 1948. In November of 1949 we began construction of our building, and on Jan. 15, 1951 we hired Bill Robinson as our first pastor. On April 22 of that year we were constituted as a church. We started with 13 charter members. Our goal now is the same as then: To be on mission with God. We have continually supported missions, both with people and finances. We send out and support both short-term missionaries as well as career missionaries. We have started multiple local missions and are involved in a variety of community service. It is our desire to develop individuals to accept and use the gifts and talents given to them by God, to the glory of God. It is our hope to spread the Gospel in our state, neighboring states, the United States and around the world. It is our goal that no matter where we are or why we are there that each of us leave that place better for having been there. We seek to individually and corporately live out the love of Jesus Christ. Here at Beacon Hill it is our prayer that we might always Light the Way to Christ.
1. The Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired and is God's revelation of Himself to man.
2. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the revelation of God to mankind.
3. In the virgin birth, a sinless life, atoning death, bodily resurrection, and visible return of Jesus Christ to this earth. 4. In the fall of man and the consequent need of personal salvation for every individual.
5. In salvation by the Grace of God through personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
6. In the immortality of the soul, and the resurrection of the body, both in the case of the just and the unjust.
7. In the filling of the Holy Spirit and the consequent fruits and gifts for ministry and service.
8. In the responsibility of every individual to choose for himself what his relationship to God will be.
9. In Local and World Wide Missions.
As in the Southern Baptist Convention Baptist Faith and Message, June 12, 2000